- New schedule and rates effective 1 Sep. Find details on their respective pages of this site.
- We are pleased to welcome Terry Meyer to the teaching staff at LVY. Since Jessi will be returning to Graduate School and unable to teach on weekends (Jessi will still be teaching on Mon & Wed eves thankfully), Terry will be leading the 0830 Saturday morning class beginning Aug 29th. Many of you already know Terry from practicing alongside her at our Shala, especially on Sunday mornings, so please join us in welcoming her in her new role as one of our outstanding teachers.
Terry “Gita” Meyer, RYT200, never imagined that she would be a yoga teacher, even though she has practiced yoga off and on for more than 30 years — the last 10 years more seriously. When she signed up for Integral Hatha yoga teacher training at Satchidananda Ashram in Yogaville, VA, three years ago, it was to take the next step and deepen her own practice. To her surprise and delight, she discovered she enjoys sharing her love of yoga asana, as well as the physical and mental benefits of a regular yoga practice, as a teacher. Upon graduation, she immediately began teaching yoga to high school girls as part of the athletic curriculum at Foxcroft School and was amazed at the transformative power that yoga can have to reduce stress and improve overall fitness and mental focus. She is excited to become part of the teaching staff at the Loudoun Valley Yoga sangha.
Terry believes in the incremental, positive effects of a regular yoga practice, and teaches her hatha-based classes toward that end. They are sprinkled with a healthy dose of vinyasa and emphasize alignment, building strength, increasing flexibility, and improving balance while keeping it accessible and fun for all levels.
Substitutes week of 8/31 – 9/6/2015:
- Wed, Sep 2 – Vinyasa at 6:30 pm – Cindy Kopciak
Upcoming Events & Workshops (details on the Events & Workshops Page):
- Yin Workshop: Fall Seasonal Balance with Turi – Sat, Oct 10th, 3 – 5 pm
- Nutrition Workshop: Exploring Superfoods & Immune System Boosters with Petra – Sat, Oct 24th, 1 – 3 pm
Loudoun Valley Yoga is more than a yoga and pilates studio. It is a community gathering place where everyone is welcome. We offer a unique space in which you are encouraged to tap into your core being — physically, mentally, emotionally and energetically — so that you can radiate your very best self to the world. The class sizes are small enough for individual attention, yet large enough to promote a sense of camaraderie and support.