LVY NEWS FLASH
“Slices of Joy” Campaign Ended
It’s easy to derive joy from big, exciting events and milestones, but mindfulness guru and former Google engineer Chade-Meng Tan recommends finding “thin slices of joy” in one’s day-to-day life for a happier, more joyous outlook. According to Tan, by taking time to focus on the little things, you can train your brain to be more positive overall. At the studio, we spent the 8 weeks from Independence Day to Labor Day doing just that! We had 182 little slices of joy posted during that time. None of them had to do with money or material things. Here is a synopsis of our little slices:
Thanks to each of you who participated and hopefully, you reaped the benefits of overall joy & happiness. Keep it up!
- Effective Aug 12, Barb Hamel will be teaching the Sunday Hatha Class at 8 – 9:15 am
- Adaptive Yoga is CANCELLED on Sep 3 & 5. Class will resume on Mon, Sep 10.
- Wed, Sep 5 – 11:00 am Gentle – Jessi Hughes
- Wed, Sep 5 – 5:30 pm Gentle – Kimberly Nelson
- SIGN UP NOW! LVY is pleased to partner with Suzanne Nixon, Inspirational Journeys, to offer a Yoga and Mindfulness Retreat in Costa Rica – March 9 – 16, 2019. Click one of the links below for details. Information Sessions will be held at the studio on Sun, Sep 2 @11:30 am and Sun, Sep 30 @1:00 pm
- 300-Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training – Begins January, 2019 – Registration now open!
Find Your Balance – Body, Breath and Mind – with our therapeutic approach to yoga!
Loudoun Valley Yoga is more than a yoga studio. It is a community gathering place where everyone is welcome. We offer a unique space in which you are encouraged to tap into your core being — physically, mentally, emotionally and energetically — so that you can radiate your very best self to the world. The class sizes are small enough for individual attention, yet large enough to promote a sense of camaraderie and support.