LVY NEWS FLASH
New Teacher & New Classes Starting Week of Jan 9th
We are pleased to welcome Lee (Bhavani) Terryberry to the LVY Teaching Staff. She will be teaching 2 Hatha Classes Weekly:
- Tuesdays @ 7:15 – 8:30 pm
- Thursdays @ 11 am – 12:15 pm
Schedule TIME CHANGES (eff Jan 16th)
- Yoga Roots with Tim on Tuesdays – New Time … 5:30 – 6:45 pm
- Hatha with Terry on Tuesdays – New Time … 6:00 – 7:15 pm
Yoga Roots with Tim Hutchinson (Tuesdays at 5:30 – 6:45 pm) – This class is alignment based and focused on the foundation – or roots – of any yoga asana practice. It will be taught in a workshop style … Fewer postures/asanas will be practiced ensuring ample time for individual attention. The primary focus for January will be Chaturanga’s (how to properly move through the asana and how to modify for your practice).
Yoga Essentials (1st Sunday of each month from 11 am – 1 pm) will be an opportunity for students to come in once each month for “open” practice and to receive individual attention on any aspects of their yoga practice (asana, pranayama or meditation). The class structure will be completely open and will not be led/guided as a whole. Each student can enter the classroom anytime within the designated scheduled time and depart when their practice is complete. At least one LVY teacher will be available during the session to provide assistance/guidance as needed. These sessions are included as an added benefit in the “unlimited packages”. Students may also use a session from a class package or pay a drop-in fee. Pre-registration is encouraged.
Yoga Teacher Trainees to offer Donation-based Classes
Please join us to support our teacher trainees as they teach a public class as part of their requirements to become certified yoga teachers. Donations will be accepted and the classes will be supervised by their Program Leader, Jessi Hughes.
- Sunday, Jan 15 @ 4 – 5:15 pm – Barb Hamel
- Sunday, Jan 29 @ 4 – 5:15 pm – Liz Kasabian
- Sunday, Feb 12 @ 4 – 5:15 pm – Bettina Gregory
Upcoming Special Events, Workshops & Series
(Pre-Registration Required due to space limitations)
Details on the Special Events Page
- Yoga for Men with Tim Hutchinson – 6 Week Series begins Jan 5 – Every Thursday @ 5:30 – 7 pm SOLD OUT!
- YogaTone with Alexandra Patton – 6 Week Series begins Jan 5 – Every Thursday @ 7 – 8 pm Drop-In for $20
- Chair Yoga with Sue Miller – 6 Week Series begins Jan 5 – Every Thursday @ 11 am – 12 pm Drop-In for $20
- A Yogic Approach to Stress Management with Sue Sedlazek – 2 Part Series on Saturday, Feb 11 & 25 @ 1 – 4 pm
Find Your Balance – Body, Breath and Mind – with our therapeutic approach to yoga!
Loudoun Valley Yoga is more than a yoga studio. It is a community gathering place where everyone is welcome. We offer a unique space in which you are encouraged to tap into your core being — physically, mentally, emotionally and energetically — so that you can radiate your very best self to the world. The class sizes are small enough for individual attention, yet large enough to promote a sense of camaraderie and support.